|Community Services Assistant 2 - Early Years 1-1 Support Worker
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
August 22, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||City of Surrey’s Accessibility and Inclusion team is looking for an enthusiastic and supportive Early Years One to One Support Worker who has a passion for creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for children of all abilities. The main responsibility of the position will be providing one to one support for children ages 3-5 with disabilities.
This position is best suited to energetic, creative individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills are required. A demonstrated passion for promoting and encouraging inclusion and providing support is essential. Creativity and ability to work both independently and part of a team are inherent to the position.
This is community service work of moderate complexity. Under supervision, the Early Years One to One Support Worker is responsible for providing support for a specified child and collaborates with the classroom Early Childhood Educator to plan, carry out and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences that promotes development and learning. Some independent judgment and discretion is exercised within existing guidelines, policies and procedures
||• Collaborates with the classroom ECE to plan, carry out and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for the specified child that promotes development and learning.
• Provides one-to-one support and adapts and modifies activities as needed.
• Participates in development of early childhood education related programs and services and evaluates and recommends changes where necessary.
• Provides short and long term goal planning and evaluation of the child specific programs offered.
• Attends to the children’s physical needs.
• Integrates curriculum, learning and assessment to support learning of students.
• Provides information and advice to the public regarding programs and facilities.
• Promotes interest and participation in program activities.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff and external groups.
• Observes and removes potential hazards either in the room, outside or throughout the premises ensuring a healthy, safe and barrier-free environment.
• Handles administrative details related to the work.
• Prepares and maintains a variety of records related to the work.
• Assists other staff in performing their duties.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Attend monthly team meetings
||- Completion of Grade 12
- A current Emergency First Aid and CPR certification or willing to obtain
- At least one year of experience working with children with disabilities aged 3-5 in a recreational, child care or educational environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Education Assistant diploma or Special Needs Early Childhood Education license (asset)
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||August 7, 2019 08:30 AM
||August 22, 2019 04:30 PM