|Parks Landscape Architect
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 16, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||3145 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey has a bold Ten-Year Strategic Plan for Parks, Recreation and Culture that includes 49 recommendations for the development and expansion of Surrey’s parks system, and we’re looking for a talented Landscape Architect to help bring our Parks projects to life.
As a Landscape Architect, you’ll play an integral role in delivering on Parks projects from initial concept to ribbon cutting, and everything in between. Working with a talented Parks Planning and Design team in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, you will be involved in a wide range of projects, including:
• New parks in new and urbanizing neighbourhoods.
• Riverfront park systems to achieve the City’s goals of protecting and enhancing biodiversity and connectivity.
• Park renovations to major destination parks that expanded amenities such as field houses, water parks, artificial turf fields, and playgrounds.
• Streetscape and urban design of the public realm in a rapidly urbanizing community.
||You will be working independently and be responsible for:
• Developing the conceptual and detailed designs for park projects
• Overseeing the design team comprised of consultants and staff
• Obtaining site analysis information such as survey and geotechnical assessments
• Developing and implementing communication strategies with stakeholders and the public
• Working closely with the City’s Park Development team to bring the projects to reality
||As our successful candidate, you will be highly proficient in AutoCAD (Other design program experience is also an asset). You have excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills, and lastly be able to meet the minimum requirements for this position:
• A Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field
• Supplemented with five years of experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• membership or eligibility to register as a member with the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects
||Competitive with a comprehensive benefit package.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3145.
||August 26, 2019 08:30 AM
||September 16, 2019 04:30 PM