|Utility Operator 1 - Pumps and Controls (Trades Improver 1 EOCP)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
October 1, 2019
at 11:59 PM
||3157 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Reporting to the Pumps & Controls Manager, the Utility Operator 1 (Trades Improver 1 EOCP) positions involve manual and skilled tasks involving considerable physical effort in performing a variety of civil, construction, operation and maintenance activities related to drainage, sanitary, water pump stations and PRVs.
||• Inspects, operates and perform maintain on PRVs, drainage pumps stations, sanitary pump stations and water pump stations safely using best practices, governmental regulations and guidelines.
• Monitor and use the SCADA system data to assist with maintaining and troubleshooting pump station issues.
• Attends to SCADA calls and perform preliminary work to resolve problems and issues.
• Maintains records, log books and activity sheets, as required.
• Works with map books and construction drawings.
• Inspects and maintains drainage, sanitary and water monitor stations.
• Cleans and secures work area by shoveling and sweeping.
• Deals with various chemicals relating to sanitary and water systems.
• Uses a variety of hand and power tools.
• Responds to trouble calls and inquiries from the public.
• Assists crew members in performing their duties.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
||Applicants under considerations will meet the following minimum qualifications:
• Completion of Grade 12.
• Experience and training in engineering operations and maintenance.
• Valid B.C. Driver's License with safe driving record as per the City’s policy.
• Water Distribution EOCP Level 1 certification in good standing
||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
• Understands and effectively carries out oral and written instructions.
• Exercises independence of judgment and initiative in performing the duties of the position.
• Understand figures and numbers, reads construction drawings and maps of pump stations, underground services, utilities, etc.
• Maintains records. Knowledge of methods, techniques, hand/power tools, and equipment used in Operations construction and maintenance.
• Knowledge of drainage, sanitary and water pump station operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of Surrey’s SCADA system.
• Knowledge of Surrey's road system .
• Knowledge of Surrey's policies, procedures and standards.
• Knowledge of applicable safety regulations.
• Knowledge of current safety, sanitary, water and environmental Regulations.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 104th Avenue
||September 4, 2019 08:30 AM
||October 1, 2019 11:59 PM