||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 27, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||3163 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||This position is responsible for professional accounting, financial management, budgetary and operational control. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial support and advice to City departments.
||• Ensure that all month-end financial accounting duties, and all resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
• Supports the development of annual operating budgets and long-range financial plans.
• Monitor, analyze and report on budgeted versus actual revenues and expenditures.
• Contribute ideas for process improvements to enhance workflow efficiency and maintain and strengthen internal accounting policies and controls.
• Assist management in analyzing and explaining budgetary variances, financial decision making and consistent application of policies and standards.
• Analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports and projections as required.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end financial summaries (including Forecasts) and business analytics for internal and external reporting.
• Support management in special projects and initiatives and ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
• Build effective working relationships with staff and management and respond effectively to requests for financial information.
• Supervise staff responsible for accounting functions and provide training as necessary.
• Perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
||• Successful completion of Core Modules 1 and 2 of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Program.
• Effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
• One year of directly related experience.
• Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as they relate to local government including Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB)
• Extensive knowledge of financial systems and computer applications is necessary
• Ability, knowledge and experience necessary to perform duties of this degree of complexity.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
||September 6, 2019 08:30 AM
||September 27, 2019 04:30 PM