|Engineering Technologist III - Traffic & Transportation
||District of Mission
This posting closed on
March 16, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||2020-09 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Public Works
||We are seeking a self-motivated, analytical and detail-oriented individual to join the Engineering & Public Works Department as an Engineering Technologist III – Traffic & Transportation.
This work involves performing skilled technical engineering and administrative functions related to the development, implementation and administration of the District’s traffic and transportation engineering program. The incumbent conducts traffic studies, prepares or reviews designs of traffic control systems and facilities, and provides information and recommendations on traffic engineering matters to various committees, contacts and agencies. The work also involves administering assigned capital projects, issuing permits and street licenses for various traffic related activi¬ties, reviewing and processing various engineering applications, and coordinating related construction and installation work. You will also be responsible for preparing specifications, updating related bylaws and providing recommendations on traffic engineering matters to Council.
||We are seeking an experienced technologist who has the ability to:
• Develop and administer the District’s traffic and transportation program and administer assigned capital projects;
• Plan and conduct traffic studies encompassing traffic movement and con¬trol, accident analysis, safety, parking and related concerns, prepare reports and recommendations on such activities for submission to advisory and technical committees and other authorities; prepare and supervise traffic count program;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts;
• Communicate ideas and solutions clearly and concisely orally and in writing; and
• Write accurate and grammatically correct technical reports for a non-technical audience.
||The ideal candidate will have a diploma in Civil Engineering with transportation and traffic option, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a municipal engineering environment, or recognized equivalent, including experience in traffic and transportation software programs (i.e., Synchro), and preparation and management of contract agreements. You will have membership, or be eligible for membership, with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians Association of BC (ASTTBC) and possess a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license.
||Along with an aptitude for problem solving and innovation, you should enjoy taking a methodical approach to your work, analyzing data, and finding innovative solutions to traffic and transit problems.
||The 2020 hourly rate for this full-time CUPE position is $51.31 per hour plus an excellent benefit package including the Municipal Pension Plan. We also offer a 9-day fortnight schedule (extended hours for 9 days and 1 day off every two weeks).
||8645 Stave Lake Street, Box 20
Mission BC V2V 4L9
||February 19, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 16, 2020 04:30 PM
|*We thank all interested candidates however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.