|Network Analyst III (Full-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
September 23, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2019-40 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you are a skilled IT professional that’s passionate about technology, than you should check us out.
||As a Network Analyst III at the Fraser Valley Regional District, a typical day could see you reviewing reports to ensure that there are no backup failures; ensuring the connection among SCADA sites and remote locations such as our Hope Recreation Centre, Deroche office, and Almer Carlson pool to ensure high quality network uptime and foresee any potential bottleneck or network issues; prioritizing tasks from users and contractors; assisting departmental staff to accomplish urgent tasks; reviewing VM servers to ensure they are patched; installing patches for system errors; and staying current on emerging technology and security threats.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning, and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in.
||• Completion of a recognized post-secondary program in Information Technology with one or more industry standard certifications plus a minimum of five years directly related work experience, including network management and network security;
||• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMware Virtualization, Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2016, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2016, Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2016, Power Shell scripts and queries;
• Advanced knowledge of local and wide area network technologies, standards and protocols, including the ability to design, configure and troubleshoot complex network routing;
• Advanced network security knowledge with Cisco and/or Fortinet security appliance, HP switches and familiarity with the SANS institute 20 critical controls for network security or similar best practice;
• Considerable knowledge of SAN and flash storage arrays with NetApp, Nimble or Dell appliance;
• Considerable knowledge of backup and disaster recovery technologies such as Veeam and VMware Site Recovery Manager;
• Ability to maintain peak overall systems performance through system monitoring and analysis, performance turning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and networks;
• Ability to install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, and storage, to achieve operational requirements and project specifications.
• Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this full-time Union position is $35.39 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage will increase to $41.63 per hour. Please note that the successful candidate will be part of a rotational “On-Call” support system.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2019-40, and send in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on September 23, 2019 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||September 9, 2019 08:30 AM
||September 23, 2019 04:30 PM