|Water Operator - Supply
||City of Abbotsford
To apply online, click
||19-204 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering and Regional Utilites
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
We are currently offering an excellent Full-time opportunity in our Engineering & Regional Utilities Department, for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with proven skills, knowledge and abilities as a Water Operator for our Supply section.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team responsible for technical and skilled work pertaining to the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the water supply infrastructure; this includes treatment facilities, pump stations, PRV stations, reservoirs, valves, source lakes and water mains.
Responsibilities will include maintaining accurate records and inventories, assisting the work of subordinates and on occasion direct contractors engaged in waterworks.
In order to be considered for this position you must have:
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
• Completion of post-secondary courses from a recognized institution, including:
o Introduction to Public Works Operations;
o Municipal Plan Reading;
• Completion of one of the following is required;
o Valve Operation and Maintenance
o Water Pump Station Operation and Maintenance
• A current Environmental Operators Certification Program, Water Treatment level II;
• A current Environmental Operators Certification Program, Water Distribution level II;
• A minimum of three years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of a large water treatment and supply system;
• Certificate as issues by a recognized certification program; Chlorine Handling;
• Pleasure Craft Operator Card preferred, or ability to obtain within one year;
• Workers Compensation Board Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate with Transportation Endorsement preferred, or ability to obtain within one year;
This position is unionized, C.U.P.E Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $30.14 to $35.43 per hour. In addition the City of Abbotsford offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Closing date: Thursday, Sept 26, 2019
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling career where you will play an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be, please submit your application.
To apply, visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers
||September 11, 2019 08:30 AM
||September 26, 2019 04:30 PM