|GIS Technician (Part Time - Time Duration)
||City of Chilliwack
To apply online, click
||2019-88 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The incumbent in this class will be responsible for the operation, efficient use and maintenance of GIS systems, data and hardware within the Geographic Information Systems section, consulting with other Departments and officials to determine and respond to the GIS needs of the organization. The incumbent will respond to requests for GIS services, develop maps and enter/update data in a timely and efficient manner. The incumbent will conduct field studies as necessary, collecting data and integrating data provided by outside sources and liaise with Department contacts on the requirements associated with GIS service requests. The incumbent will operate CAD and spatial modelling software and hardware, developing designs and plans as indicated by service requests.
||The incumbent will be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the GIS Supervisor.
||Must be a graduate of a recognized Institute of Technology of a two-year Geographic Information Systems Technology;
|| - Must have a working knowledge of personal computer operating systems;
- Must have a working knowledge of the use of advanced GIS software and its applications.
- A working knowledge of CAD software is also required;
- Must have a strong background in cartography;
- Must have a working knowledge and ability to use a database and spreadsheet programs;
- Should have basic knowledge of land surveying principles;
- Should knowledge of drafting methods, principles and techniques;
- Must be in possession of a valid BC Driver's Licence;
- Able to work within the multifaceted municipal setting;
- Able to work with minimum supervision and to exercise judgment in the performance of duties in accordance with established priorities;
- Able to perform skilled drafting tasks;
- Able to make arithmetic calculations and operate calculating equipment;
- Able and skillful in the operation of drafting instruments, duplicating machines, plotters, digitizers and related equipment;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of staff.
||$30.66-36.07 (2019 Rates)
||8550 Young Road
||September 12, 2019 08:30 AM
||September 19, 2019 04:30 PM