|Operations Communication Centre (OCC) Shift Manager
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 30, 2019
at 11:59 PM
||3177 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||RCMP Support Services, Public Safety
||The City of Surrey RCMP Support Services is seeking a dedicated professional who is committed to teamwork, continuous improvement, and providing superior customer service. Continued growth and change make the Shift Manager position a truly challenging career opportunity for an innovative, proactive and action-oriented Manager to lead the day-to-day operations of the Operation Communications Centre in the delivery of emergency communications services to our residents and clients.
In this role, you will be responsible for the leadership of Telecommunications Operators and Switchboard Operators to ensure that the needs of our clients are met in a professional and efficient manner. Under the general direction of the Operational Communications Centre Manager, you will implement strategies and manage service level standards, liaise with clients and internal departments, perform scheduling of shifts, meet deadlines and assist other staff in the performance of their duties.
||• Plan, organize and lead a highly skilled and passionate team
• Assist staff in managing risk associated to police and public safety
• Act as the primary contact for police officers requiring information from the OCC
• Attend briefing sessions as a representative of the OCC
• Assist in the recruitment, selection and performance management of OCC staff
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with city employees, community agencies, businesses, other RCMP Detachments
• Have some working knowledge of troubleshooting technical issues (computers, radios and telephones)
• Plan, develop, promote and evaluate new initiatives annually to support continuous improvement initiatives
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills by maintaining a variety of correspondence, files and statistics in a timely manner
• Perform other job related duties, as required.
||• A Degree or Diploma in a related field
• Five years of progressively responsible experience within an Operational Communications Centre.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact/build relationships.
• The ability to work rotating shifts, including holidays and weekends.
• The ability to obtain and maintain the relevant level of RCMP security clearance.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||September 13, 2019 08:30 AM
||September 30, 2019 11:59 PM