|Building Inspector 1
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
October 24, 2019
at 11:59 PM
||3159 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development
||The Planning and Development Department is looking to add a Building Inspector 1 to its team! This position is responsible for inspection and regulatory work involving inspecting and checking buildings and on-site requirements for compliance to the design, materials, workmanship and safety devices with relevant by-laws, regulations and codes.
||• Coordinating daily inspection schedules with other inspectors
• Reading and interpreting building plans
• Writing reports and correspondence on issues including but not limited to inspections, complaints and investigations
• The position requires superior communication skills, both verbal and written, to convey information to the public, professionals and other staff. Computer literacy and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
||• Completed Grade 12 supplemented by a post-secondary diploma or certificate in Building Technology or related discipline.
• At least three years’ experience in building trades.
• An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
• Technical achievement of the Level I Certificate from the Building Officials Association of BC
• A valid BC Driver’s License with access to a personal vehicle for business purposes.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||September 13, 2019 08:30 AM
||October 24, 2019 11:59 PM