|Engineering Assistant 2 - Traffic
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
October 11, 2019
at 11:59 PM
||3191 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||As one of the fastest growing municipalities in Canada, there are tremendous opportunities in our Transportation Division. Reporting to the Traffic Signals Team Lead, this role will be responsible for providing support and assistance to senior staff to for Streetlight Operations and the City’s Electrical Maintenance Contract.
||• Responding to residents regarding streetlight or electrical maintenance service requests.
• Auditing electrical maintenance field work against work orders and invoices.
• Manage Surrey’s program to upgrade our streetlights to LED and implement streetlight Intelligent Transportation Systems.
• Preparing plans and programs to support the maintenance and rehabilitation of electrical infrastructure.
• Design review comments for streetlight design including capital works, land development and minor in-house projects.
• Perform other duties as required.
||• Completed a minimum of a 1-year certificate in a discipline of Engineering Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution with 3 years engineering experience with a demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and ability or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered; OR
• Completion of a two-year diploma in a discipline of Engineering Technology relevant to the position from a recognized post-secondary institution with exposure to relevant engineering work.
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
• Have a passion for and demonstrates good understanding of transportation engineering best practices and principals.
• Embraces and demonstrates the City of Surrey Values of Integrity, Service, Teamwork, Innovation, and Community.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||September 24, 2019 08:30 AM
||October 11, 2019 11:59 PM