|Recreation Programmer (Temporary)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
November 12, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2019-45 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Recreation, Culture and Airpark Services
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. We have an exciting opportunity to work at our Recreation Centre located in Hope, BC. If you are passionate about serving the community and providing excellent customer service, than you should check us out. The term of this position is from November 2019 to approximately January 2021.
||Reporting directly to the Manager of Recreation and Culture, the Recreation Programmer will oversee the day to day operations related to recreation and aquatics program development and marketing as well as staff supervision and training. This diverse and fast paced environment requires the ideal candidate to have strong leadership abilities.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. If you have a positive, can do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition, and desire to learn, and we’ll take care of the rest.
||• Diploma or degree in Kinesiology or a related discipline. Courses in community recreation, customer service, early childhood education, and local government administration would be an asset;
• BCRPA or equivalent certifications in aquatic fitness, fitness theory, group fitness;
||• Past experience working in Aquatics and a valid National Lifeguard Certificate is preferred;
• Working knowledge of the principal objectives of organized community recreation;
• Excellent computer skills, including a high proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel;
• Familiarity with recreational point of sale systems (ACTIVE);
• Ability to read, interpret and understand regulating and governing acts related to local government, community recreation services and facilities;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written skills, with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to prepare well written technical and administrative reports;
• Must possess a Valid Driver’s License.
||The salary for this temporary exempt management position is commensurate with experience.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2019-45 and send in confidence by 4:30 p.m. on November 12, 2019 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||October 21, 2019 08:30 AM
||November 12, 2019 04:30 PM