|Planner II (Full-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
November 15, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2019-46 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you’re the type of Planner who believes variety is the spice of life, then you should check us out.
||The Strategic Planning team is addressing a broad range of planning challenges relating to growth not only within the FVRD but in the lower mainland as a whole. At any time you can be working with our member municipalities on common challenges such as homelessness and regional transportation; working with BC Transit in support of our regional transit services, liaising with Metro Vancouver, TransLink and provincial ministries on issues of importance to the FVRD; building relationships with Indigenous communities and agencies; and collaborating internally with other FVRD departments and so much more.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning, and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in.
||• A master’s degree in planning and 4 years of professional experience or a bachelor’s degree in planning, or a related discipline plus 5 years of professional experience in municipal or regional planning;
• Must have a membership or be eligible for membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP);
||• Thorough knowledge of planning procedures, principles, practices, objectives, and legislation within the local government context;
• Experience coordinating multi-stakeholder planning and consultation processes;
• Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to prepare well written technical and administrative reports, memos, funding proposals, and plans;
• Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, a sound knowledge of GIS, graphics and desktop publishing software and the ability to acquire a sound knowledge of electronic filing software;
• Strong communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to converse with a wide range of people including technical consultants, community groups, elected officials, municipal staff, and the general public to provide advice and make recommendations;
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with consultants, contractors, stakeholders, co-workers, elected officials, other government agencies, community groups, and the public;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $37.91 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage will increase to $44.60 per hour.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2019-46, and send in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on November 15, 2019 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||October 25, 2019 08:30 AM
||November 15, 2019 04:30 PM