|Communications Assistant - Mayor's Office
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 7, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||3262 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Mayor and Council
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, the City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building a thriving, green, inclusive city. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive the city forward. The City of Surrey is recognized as a BC Top Employer and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
The Communications Assistant is a key role in the Mayor’s Office and is suitable for an individual that thrives in a dynamic and challenging work environment. The incumbent will be responsible for a varying array of complex and confidential clerical/administrative duties while delivering exceptional service to various internal and external stakeholders and ensuring strict confidentiality of the Mayor’s Office.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Mayor, the Communications Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Manages and responds to various inquiries (written, telephone, and in person) from members of the public on a diverse array of matters in a timely and service centric manner
• Actively monitors and drafts responses to communications sent to the Mayor’s public email account
• Performs independent research/analysis and investigation on a variety of issues to best respond to inquiries
• Drafts communications for various social media channels on behalf of the Mayor’s Office
• Manages and tracks invitations for various community events
• Demonstrates extreme tact, confidentiality and discretion in handling highly sensitive information to maintain the integrity of the Mayor’s Office
• Maintains effective relationships with the general public, community organizations, Council, City staff, government agencies
• Performs other general administrative duties to support the operations of the Mayor’s Office such as coordinating catering logistics, maintaining publication subscriptions, handling mail and courier services and other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate shares our City values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Service and Teamwork, and can demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by a minimum 2-year diploma/certificate from a recognized educational institution or an equivalent combination of directly related education, training and experience
• Two or more years of relevant experience and/or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Able to interact professionally and diplomatically with people at all levels of an organization and with multiple external stakeholders. Demonstrates political astuteness.
• Experience in either public relations, communications, or municipal government is an asset.
• Upholds strict confidentiality and understands the seriousness of any such breaches to the reputation and operations of a senior office
• Possesses exemplary communication skills, both written and oral
• Demonstrates strong organizational and administrative skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and manage details and daily logistics
• Exercises sound judgment, initiative and problem solving
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• This role may on occasion require working extended hours including evenings and weekends and sometimes on short notice
||13450 104th Avenue
||November 7, 2019 08:30 AM
||December 7, 2019 04:30 PM