|Economic Development Officer w AdvantageHOPE
|*All applications and enquiries will be treated in strict confidence.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||District of Hope
This posting closed on
December 13, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||Hope Business & Development Society
||Hope Business & Development Society (DBA: AdvantageHOPE) is seeking a highly visible, accomplished individual to maintain an effective and professional delivery of our Economic Development strategy, including business retention and expansion, business and investment attraction, workforce development, resident attraction, developing marketing strategies designed to promote the region as a business destination, business issues, economic trends, supports and works alongside District Staff working on neighborhood issues, relationships with senior levels of government, and performs related duties as required.
This position is expected to develop partnerships, support strategic planning and work effectively with the community. Assigned duties and responsibilities may require work to be performed outside of normal business hours, weekends and holidays.
- Coordinated, monitors and evaluates the planning and execution of activities with fellow economic development stakeholders and partners.
- Implement program objectives, policies and priorities as identified in our Economic Development Strategy and Integrated Official Community Plan, while proactively participating in the development of other identified goals and recommendations.
- Develop and implement programs for business enhancement, business retention and business expansion.
- Plans, schedules and carries out economic development program activities including initial planning, feasibility determination, community involvement and acceptance, implementation with project timelines, as well as review and evaluation.
- Works closely with local business and recruits potential business.
- Develop and implement strategies to assist with business growth and expansion.
- Assist and facilitate discussions with the private and public sector regarding economic development initiatives.
- Maintain a database of information regarding the availability of land, infrastructure, and other facilities conducive to the proportion of business and industrial development.
- Responds to inquiries regarding economic data, trends and resources as industrial and commercial developments opportunities.
- Develop and implement a marketing program.
- Coordinate the development of marketing materials.
- Make presentations to businesses, Council and community groups.
- Maintains active contact with relevant agencies at all levels of government in order to generate leads and to be informed of government programs that will assist with the economic development of the community.
- Participate in regional economic planning activities as required.
- Write reports.
- Advise the Board of AdvantageHOPE and/or Council of the District of Hope on matters related to economic development.
||- Post-secondary education with specific focus in one of rural/community development issues, business or micro-economics, is desirable. A degree or diploma in Economic Development, Tourism, Business or Marketing, or a degree related to the functions of the position is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in facilitation, rural planning, project management, business planning, marketing, and/or community economic development considered strong assets.
- Experience in the development and following of budgets is necessary.
- Successful proposal writing experience is considered a definite asset.
- Must have sound knowledge of various word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software applications.
- Must possess excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Travel is required and reliable transportation is a must.
- Maturity, good judgment, communication, public relations and organizational skills are essential. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and the ability to handle confidential information are assets.
- the principles, practice and issues of economic and community development including business retention and recruitment, real estate, land development process;
- pertinent Federal, provincial and local regulations and procedures concerning economic development;
- principles and practices of demographic research and analysis;
- principals and practice of grant writing; group dynamics;
- principals and techniques of report writing and organizational and operational analysis; and
- the Provincial Nominee Program.
- coordinate and implement an economic development program, including a proactive outreach and communication policy which projects the image of the community;
- organize tasks, set priorities and exercising sound independent judgment within established guidelines, including using creative ways to solve issues;
- work effectively with business leaders, financial institutions, community groups;
- work effectively in a highly visible position;
- effectively communicate both orally and in writing to the business community and general public; and
- facilitate community visits with potential investors and foreign entrepreneurs applying through the Provincial Nominee Program.
||$80,000/year working a minimum of 40hrs per week.
||Cover letter and resume or inquires must be sent to Shannon Jones, Executive Director of AdvantageHOPE at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 604-795-6803.
PO Box 37
Hope, BC V0X 1L0
||November 15, 2019 08:30 AM
||December 13, 2019 04:30 PM