|Senior Road Safety Technologist
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 4, 2019
at 11:59 PM
||3293 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Are you looking for a job that has tremendous opportunity for growth and that will make a direct contribution to road safety in the community and help save lives? The City of Surrey is a multiple award-winning organization for its innovation in Engineering and leadership in road safety. We acknowledge our obligation to protect the freedom to safety travel across our City and will prioritize our vulnerable road users and protect everyone’s right to safe mobility. To help achieve our Vision Zero Surrey Safe Mobility Plan, we are hiring for an experienced Technologist who will play a critical role within our Road Safety Team by supporting and enabling data driven, evidence-based action. Reporting to the Road Safety Manager, this senior level position combines complex technical work in research and data analysis with a detailed understanding of road safety engineering best practices to maintain and improve road safety throughout the City.
||• You have a strong ability in analysing and interpreting spatial data. This will be essential as you overlay key road safety datasets, such as police and ICBC data on collisions, to help diagnose safety issues, make recommendations on safety improvements, assist with the evaluation of road safety interventions, and provide supporting evidence on emerging road safety trends in Surrey.
• You will use your knowledge of road safety best practices in providing reports, making recommendations and implementing measures to achieve the Vision Zero Surrey Safe Mobility Plan objectives and help safe lives.
• You will use your ability to forge and maintain relationships with both internal and external partners such as law enforcement officials, ICBC, and the Ministry of Transportation.
• You have the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally to Engineering staff, members of the public and partners in road safety.
• You embrace our City Values of Integrity, Service, Community, Innovation, and Teamwork in all aspects of your work.
• You have exceptional time management skills and are able to respond promptly to road safety concerns from members of the community.
||• To be considered you will have completed a minimum of 2-year diploma in a relevant engineering discipline and 5 years directly related experience and demonstrated technical expertise on transportation engineering and road safety practices. In addition, you will have supervisory experience of engineering staff. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
• Proficiency with advanced data analytics is considered a strong asset.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||November 20, 2019 08:30 AM
||December 4, 2019 11:59 PM