|Labourer (up to 2 positions)
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
January 16, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U001 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to two temporary full-time (from approx. January 27, 2020 to approx. December 24, 2020) Labourers to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Facilities Superintendent in this unionized position, you will perform a variety of manual work requiring physical effort and agility in the operations of semi-skilled and unskilled construction/maintenance tasks. A successful candidate must have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
• Performing a variety of semi-skilled tasks in the operation and maintenance of Township facilities. The work may include pressure washing, window cleaning, patching and painting, moving and assembling furniture, minor construction and demolition, heavy lifting, facility cleaning other general duties
• Driving a vehicle to transport materials and tools to job sites
• Performing other related work as required
• Completion of Grade 10, some experience in construction and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of the methods, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in general construction and maintenance work
• Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and simple written instructions
• Skill in the use of a variety of tools used in general maintenance and construction work
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Security Clearance for work at RCMP Buildings is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $29.13 per hour (2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are eight (8) hours per day; 40 hours per week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 10, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 16, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 2, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 16, 2020 04:30 PM