|Network Administrator - Systems Analyst
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
January 16, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U003 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Network Administrator - Systems Analyst to join our team of professionals in Corporate Administration Division; Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Network and Security, in this unionized position you will be responsible for acting as the project lead for the enhancement and installation of specified computer and network systems.
• Participate in planning, scheduling and testing of computer and network technologies
• Performs various system administration tasks, sets up user accounts, configures systems and coordinates wiring
• Investigates system problems, provides problem resolution support for department staff, asses problems and develops or assists users to develop solutions.
• Prepares and maintains a variety of material such as reports, guidelines and procedures for computer and information security and for use within the organization
• Plans, assigns, supervises and reviews the work of a small group of technical staff engaged in maintaining network and computer systems.
• Establishes and maintain liaison with users, suppliers and other applicable internal and external contacts.
• Two-year diploma from an institute of technology in systems and programming, plus considerable related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Excellent problem definition and resolution skills
• Sound knowledge of the methods and principles used in training users in the use of hardware and software applications and a good working knowledge of programming and systems analysis techniques
• Good customer service skills balanced with the application of best practices and organizational policies.
• Considerable knowledge and hands on working experience, with one or more of the technologies used at the Township of Langley, including Cisco and/or Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco switching, Cisco wireless technologies, F5 technologies (Big IP, GTM, ADM), Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server, System Center, and Microsoft Exchange, NetApp SAN or Enterprise NAS, Mitel and/or ShoreTel Voice over IP, virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V and experience with deployment and management of digital certificates. CompTIA Certifications in A+, Network+, Security+, Cisco CCNA or higher, and certifications and/or formal training in any of the above technologies is desirable
• Security Clearance for work at RCMP Buildings is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $40.35 - $47.69 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 10, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 16, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 2, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 16, 2020 04:30 PM