|Support Clerk (Finance)
||Township of Langley
||20-U006 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Support Clerk to join our team of professionals in the Finance Division, Accounts Payable Department. Reporting to the Manager, Finance Business Support and Accounts Payable, in this unionized position you will be expected to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Process accounts payable and inventory transactions
• Match invoices to packing slips, verify invoice prices and approvals, perform invoice entry, and ensure transactions balance
• Reconcile transactions to statements
• Perform weekly payment run (EFT and cheque)
• Maintain and update a variety of electronic or manual files and records related to the work
If you are a methodical thinker, committed to excellence in customer service and have the ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks with speed and accuracy we want to meet you.
• Completion of Grade 12, preferably including or supplemented by commercial and accounting courses
• Two years of accounts payable experience, preferably in a municipal setting, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required
• Sound knowledge of accounting practices, and record keeping is essential in this role as is the ability to deal effectively with the public and other employees in processing a variety of enquiries
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $25.82 - $30.33 per hour (5 steps; 2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday between 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 14, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 20, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 6, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 20, 2020 04:30 PM