|Aquatics Instructor (up to 15) - Auxiliary
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
January 24, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-B001 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks and Recreation
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 123,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 15 auxiliary Aquatics Instructors to join our team of professionals in the Parks and Recreation Division; Recreation Programs and Services Department. Reporting to the Community Recreation Manager, in this unionized position you will perform a variety of instructional and recreational aquatics programs for all age groups.
• Conduct and lead instructional and recreation aquatic programs for all age ranges and for a variety of community groups
• Ensure the safety of patrons participating in swimming lessons
• Prepare and maintain records and reports
• Ensure compliance of regulations governing public conduct within recreational facilities and activities
• Provide routine information to the public regarding programs and facilities
• Completion of Grade 10 and completion of Pool Operator’s and /or Lifesaving Society Instructor courses, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of the theory and practice of lifesaving, artificial respiration and first aid
• Working knowledge of teaching methods, including group leadership techniques emphasizing instruction in water safety and aquatic skills
• Ability to display sound aquatic skills and to instruct in these skills set by relevant authorities
• Working knowledge of community recreation principles and practices, including safe and proper use of equipment and facilities is necessary in this position
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
• National Lifeguard Pool Certificate
• Standard First Aid
• CPR Level ‘C’
• AED Certification
• Minimum age of sixteen (16) years
Candidates will be required to attend a mandatory general skills meeting session on Thursday, February 6, 2020, 4:00pm – 5:00pm, at Walnut Grove Community Centre and skills screening session on Sunday, February 9, 2020, 9:00am – 5:00pm, at Walnut Grove Community Centre.
Candidates unable to make these dates will not be considered.
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $22.93 - $26.89 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 24, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 13, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 24, 2020 04:30 PM