|Engineering Technologist III - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
||20-U013 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering and Construction Services
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Engineering Technologist III to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Engineering and Construction Services Department. Reporting to the Roads Operations Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for coordinating design, contract documentation and contract administration for various construction and installation projects.
• Liaise with architectural, engineering and/or construction firms and user departments
• Prepare and maintain a variety of materials such as records, technical and status reports, correspondence and project specifications
• Perform design and layout work for minor capital projects
• Conduct field inspections
• Ensure that all work performed is in accordance with contractual terms and established regulations
• Plan, assign and supervise the work of one or more technical subordinates
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma and considerable related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of technical engineering and construction principles, practices and procedures, construction materials, costs and methods
• Working knowledge of the BC Building Code, zoning and related municipal legislation governing the work performed
• Working knowledge of the Master Municipal Construction Documents will be considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Certification or eligibility for certification as an Applied Science Technologist within the Province of British Columbia
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $40.35 - $47.69 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 21, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 21, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 13, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 21, 2020 04:30 PM