|Police Accounts Clerk - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
January 27, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U015 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Police Accounts Clerk to join our team of professionals in the Protective Services - RCMP Division; Administration Department. Reporting to the Manager, Business Support Police Services, in this unionized position you will be responsible for preparing a variety of accounting and statistical documents such as financial statements, inventory listings and Detachment budgetary statements.
• Receive and approve requests for various supplies and equipment
• Code and check invoices for accuracy and verify receipt of supplies received and completion of service requirements
• Maintain member service files, process benefit documents, related records and review overtime claims
• Ensure all office equipment, telephone systems and furniture is in good working order
• Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by commercial, accounting and purchasing courses plus sound clerical experience involving the use of personal computers and related software applications, preferably in a Police environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of Detachment rules, regulations, and procedures
• Sound knowledge of applicable detachment filing, record keeping, payroll procedures, account and budget classifications
• The ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with RCMP members, municipal staff and other external RCMP contacts is a priority
• RCMP reliability status is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $28.00 – $32.90 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 23, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 27, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 15, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 27, 2020 04:30 PM