|Recreation Attendant I - Auxiliary
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
April 6, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-B003 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley seeks applicants on an ongoing basis to augment auxiliary positions for Recreation Attendant I to join our team of professionals in the Parks and Recreation division. Reporting to the Manager, Administration and Business Services, and the Business Services Supervisor, this unionized position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service.
• Perform routine clerical and facility tasks
• Provide factual information and assistance in response to public enquiries
• Receive, record, and reconcile payments from customers
• Perform minor custodial and set-up duties and routine facility patrol as required
• Open/close and oversee a facility during a regularly scheduled shift
• Assume responsibility for security of the facility
• Assist and orient auxiliary employees
• Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of internal and external contacts
• Education will include grade 12, supplemented by sound related experience dealing with the public, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public under varying conditions, receive money and issue change accurately, and be able to maintain clerical records related to the work
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $22.93 - $26.89 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are non-standard hours and/or non-standard work weeks.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, May 15, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 3, 2020 08:30 AM
||April 6, 2020 04:30 PM