|Pool Service Worker - Auxiliary
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
April 9, 2020
at 9:30 AM
||20-B008 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley seeks applicants on an ongoing basis to augment auxiliary positions for Pool Service Worker to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Facilities Department. Reporting to Superintendent, Facilities Operations and Maintenance, you will be responsible in this unionized position for a combination of operational, technical and building maintenance work performed on an assigned shift in an aquatic facility.
• Performing janitorial and custodial tasks ensuring the pool facilities are maintained at an established level of cleanliness and sanitation
• Inspect, repair, maintain, and operate a variety of swimming pool equipment such as pumps, valves, chlorinators, heating units, boilers, filters, chlorine tanks, pipes, meters and motors
• Perform a variety of semi-skilled building and equipment maintenance duties and minor repair work such as painting, plumbing, electrical repairs and simple carpentry
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by related technical training
• Sound experience in the operation and maintenance of pool and building equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in janitorial and custodial work; of the operating principles and procedures of water heating, boiling, filtration and chlorination equipment, and the methods, practices and materials used in the operation of indoor and outdoor swimming pools
• Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems applicable to the operation of the pool facilities.
These auxiliary positions may work in our Aldergrove Credit Union Community Centre, Fort Langley Outdoor Pool, W.C. Blair Recreation Centre, and the Walnut Grove Community Centre.
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Pool Operator’s Certificate – Level II
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $25.82 - $30.33 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are non-standard hours and/or non-standard work weeks.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, May 15, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 4, 2020 08:30 AM
||April 9, 2020 09:30 AM