|Landscape Design Technician - RFT
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
July 17, 2020
at 11:59 PM
||20-U70 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Landscape Design Technician to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division; Green Infrastructure Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Green Infrastructure Services, in this unionized position you will join a dynamic multi-disciplinary team of professionals, applying your creativity, breadth of landscape architecture and development related knowledge and experience. The work is technical in nature and will require significant coordination with other Township departments.
• Administer Township landscape requirements, review designs and specifications for conformance to applicable community and neighbourhood plan requirements, bylaws, policies, and conditions
• Coordinate the municipal street tree and boulevard planting programs and ensure accurate as-built plans are prepared for development projects
• Coordinate aspects of the Municipal Street Tree & Boulevard Planting Policy through all phases of the development review process
• Compile development generated landscape statistics relating to trees, trails and development types
• Graduation from a 2 year diploma program in Landscape Design, Urban Design or Landscape Architecture and a minimum of 2 years directly related experience, preferably with landscape construction experience
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and thorough knowledge of landscape design principles and practices, landscape construction methods and skill in the use of computerized drafting and design software
• Commitment to providing excellent customer service through teamwork, communication, and responsiveness
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Membership or eligibility for membership in the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $34.27 – $40.35 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 11:59pm, July 7, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 11:59pm, July 17, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||June 26, 2020 08:30 AM
||July 17, 2020 11:59 PM