|Engineering Technologist I - Temporary Full-Time (from approx. October 26, 2020 toOctober 21, 2022)
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
September 17, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U086 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Engineering Technologist I (from approx. October 26, 2020 to October 21, 2022) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Asset Management Department. Reporting to the Infrastructure Assets Manager, in this unionized position you will maintain infrastructure management systems and databases.
• Act as a liaison and coordinator between internal and external contacts, prepare project schedules and monitor budgets, chair meetings related to assigned projects, conduct field inspections and ensure that all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms and established regulations
• Arbitrate and/or assist with disputes regarding contract interpretations, review and advise on proposed changes and monitor and the progress
• Maintain an infrastructure management system and database including creating queries for use in determining work program priorities
• Prepare and maintain a variety of materials such as technical and status reports, correspondence and other documentation
• Assist in preparing costs estimates, schedules and budgets and perform design and layout work for small too mid-sided project components
• Perform related work as required
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in an engineering technology discipline related to the work, including or supplemented by courses in project management, plus sound related experience preferably in a municipal setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in construction and installation of municipal infrastructure
• Considerable knowledge of bylaws, policies and practices in coordinating Township programs
• Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of budgeting and standard costing procedures as related to engineering programs and operations
• Ability to act as a liaison and coordinator for construction projects and applicable Township programs
• Working knowledge of the Master Municipal Construction Documents is considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Registration or eligibility for registration as a Graduate Technologist within the Province of British Columbia.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $35.68 - $42.12 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: September 14, 2020
External closing date for this competition: September 17, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||September 3, 2020 08:30 AM
||September 17, 2020 04:30 PM