|Confidential Executive Assistant
||District of Hope
This posting closed on
September 25, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||HR-2020-02 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The District of Hope is currently seeking one temporary Confidential Executive Assistant to join our team. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Corporate Services, the Confidential Executive Assistant is responsible for providing confidential and specialized administrative assistance to Council, Committees, the CAO, and the Director of Corporate Services.
||Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
• Conducting or coordinating background research, assembling and prioritizing the information;
• Preparing correspondence and reports on a variety of matters;
• Preparing agendas;
• Attends and records the minutes at Council meetings and other meetings, as required;
• Assisting in the planning, organizing and coordinating of meetings and public presentations;
• Tracking Council and Committee referrals and follow-up actions
• Acting as a liaison with the general public and for individuals requesting to appear before Council and Committee;
• Consolidating bylaws;
• Other related duties, as required.
||• Completion of grade 12 or equivalent;
• Completion of post-secondary education in business administration or other related programs.
||• Experience providing executive assistant to a senior management level;
• Experienced in preparing agendas, minutes, business correspondence, and reports;
• Previous municipal experience, an asset;
• Knowledge of Municipal, Provincial, and Federal protocol and practices as well as knowledge of public sector organizational structure and the rules and regulations governing departmental operations within a municipality;
• Outstanding written and oral communications including a through understanding of business English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
• Ability to gather information and prepare concise correspondence for Council, the Chief Administrative Officer, and Director of Corporate Services;
• Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with members of the public;
• Ability to interpret and explain Council resolutions, District bylaws and policies, and departmental regulations and procedures;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy;
• Willingness and ability to work occasional overtime, including mandatory attendance at all Council meetings, which are held in the evening;
• Comfortable using computers including the Internet and the Microsoft Office suite of products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
||If interested in being considered for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining specifically how your experience and qualifications relate to the position as described above. Please send you cover letter and resume to the attention of Mrs. Dagny Guy, Manager of Human Resources & Occupational Health & Safety.
||PO Box 609
||District of Hope
325 Wallace St.
Hope, BC V0X 1L0
||September 9, 2020 08:30 AM
||September 25, 2020 04:30 PM